PLEASE READ THIS STATEMENT OF PRIVACY PRACTICES CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE.
Effective: March 29th, 2013This statement of privacy practices describes Wapka("we", "our", or "us") practices with respect to collection, use, and disclosure of personal information at the wapka.mobi / wapka.me website ("Site"). By using the Site, you signify your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. IF YOU DO NOT CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SITE.
1. ApplicationThis statement only applies to the information you provide to us through the Site. It does not apply to information collected by us through other means or by third parties linked in any way to the Site. We have no control over, and no responsibility or liability for, any third party’s collection, use, disclosure, or retention of the personal information and that collection, use, disclosure, and retention is not subject to this statement.
2. Changes to this Statement of Privacy PracticesWe will occasionally update this statement. When we post changes to this statement, we will revise the "Effective Date" date at the top of this statement. We recommend that you check the Site from time to time to inform yourself of any changes in this statement or any of our other policies.
3. Statement of Privacy Practices Incorporated in Terms of ServiceYour use of the Site is governed by the Wapka Site Terms of Service (http://u.wap-ka.in/wap/en/privacy). The Terms of Service contain important provisions, including provisions disclaiming, limiting, and excluding the liability of Wapka for your use of the Site and provisions determining the applicable law and exclusive jurisdiction for the resolution of any disputes regarding your use of the Site. Each of the provisions of the Terms of Service applies to any disputes that may arise in relation to this statement of privacy practices and the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information and are of the same force and effect as if they had been reproduced directly in this statement.
4. What Is Personal Information?In general, your personal information means information by which you, as an individual, can be identified. It includes information such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, and email address. Your personal information includes sensitive personal data, which is information as to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, philosophical or similar beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life, commission of criminal offenses and involvement in criminal proceedings.
5. Information That You Manually ProvideWe collect and you intentionally provide through the Site personal information when you post it to the Site or send it to us, including, but not limited to when you create an account on the Site. It is your choice whether to send personal information to us. Some information must be provided in order to participate in certain services, features, programs, or activities, so the decision not to provide information may limit or eliminate certain functions of the Site or your ability to participate. The types of personal information that we tend to request about you include, but are not limited to: your username, email address, and language. Unless we expressly ask for sensitive personal information, you should not supply it.
6. Information You Provide About Yourself While Using the SiteWe provide areas on our Site where you can share information about yourself and others and communicate with others, including but not limited to through messaging tools, forums, and the web sites that you and other users create using the tools offered through the Site. Through the Site you may create mobile websites. The mobile websites you create using the Site tools are made available to the public and, unless you limit access through a log in or similar mechanism, all pages will be viewable by everyone who accesses the Site and your user name will be included in the URL for the site. If you post comments to any forum, chat room or blog offered by us on the Site, your comments will be viewable by all visitors that access the Site and your user name will be posted along with your comment. If another user clicks on your username, they will be able to see your profile (which includes but is not limited to your country, the number of and links to your created mobile website themes, IP address, and browser type) and send you messages. Once you post a comment to the Wapka Forum, you will not able delete the comment. You may send private messages to other account holders and the recipient will see your username and may also click on it and see your profile or send you a message. Once you send a message, you cannot delete or withdraw it. We encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to including your personal information in posts you create or other public portions of the site.
7. Information From Other SourcesWe may obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from business partners, contractors, and other third parties and add it to our account information or other information we have collected.
9. Accuracy of Information You ProvideWhen you supply personal information to us, you agree to supply accurate information only, and agree that we may assume its accuracy and rely on it. If we provide means for you to update your information, you agree to update the information to keep it accurate.
10. Use of InformationWe use personal information to pursue our mission and operations, including the management of our Site and to engage in related activities. This may include, but is not limited to: storing information about you in connection with your profile so that we can recognize you when you access your account; providing you services you have requested; managing your account; providing support; contacting you about your mobile websites and other submissions you have (or appear to have) made; presenting information to you about new programs, products, and services; disclosing personal information to service providers, verify, process, store, and investigate Site activity; enforcing or exercising any rights in our terms of service; and performing functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. This statement of privacy practices is not a promise that your information will never be used except as described above; we reserve the right to use, disclose, retain, share, sell and otherwise deal with all information collected via the Site internally or to third parties, for any lawful purpose or to prevent harm to us or others. We may combine the personal information you provide to us with information we receive from or about you from other sources and use combined information as allowed by law. You acknowledge and agree that we may process your personal information outside your jurisdiction of origin.
11. Disclosure of InformationWe do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with: Normal site operation: When you use the Site other users of the Site will have access to information in the profile associated with your username as well as information you post to the Site including, but not limited to, mobile websites you create and comments you post in forums. Service providers: We may share your personal information, which may include your name and contact information (including email address) with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include providing support, performing data analysis, and providing and supporting Site functionality and features. To the extent we provide access to your personal information to a service provider, they are not permitted to share or use the information for any purpose other than providing services to us. Other situations: We also may disclose your personal information: In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us. We reserve the right, but do not undertake a duty, to notify you of court orders, subpoenas or other legal process if allowed. If you do not want us to respond to legal process compelling us to disclose your information, you need to obtain a valid order permitting us to refuse to disclose it and serve the order on us at least 3 business days before the response deadline. When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce the Site terms and conditions or other agreements or policies. In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, reorganization, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, including to prospective or actual purchasers in connection with any of these transactions.
12. Aggregated and Non-Personal InformationWe may share non-personal information we collect, without restriction. For example, we may share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on the Site and on websites of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
14. Third Party WebsitesThrough the Site, you may access other websites that do not operate under this statement. For example, if you click on an advertisement on the Site or a link provided by another user, you may be taken to a website that is not operated by us. In addition, though we host mobile websites for you and other users, we are not the operator of those sites and we are not responsible for any of those sites, the operators, or any of the activities that occur at those sites, including the collection of information from you. Through the hosting services we provide, we collect information from you when you visit the site (see Section 8 for information that we automatically collect); however, we do not use information you submit directly to those sites unless the operator provides it to us directly. Third-party websites collect information, including personal information, from you and, in some instances, provide us with information about your activities on those websites. We recommend that you consult the privacy statements of all third-party websites you visit. They are often located at the bottom of the web page at a link titled "Privacy."
15. Retention of Personal InformationWe generally will retain information for as long as required, allowed, or as we believe it useful. If you cease using the Site, or your permission to use the Site is terminated, we may continue to use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this statement of privacy practices as amended from time to time. We do not undertake retention obligations through this statement. We may dispose of information in our discretion without notice, subject to applicable law.
16. Information Security MeasuresKeeping the personal information that we collect secure is of concern to us. We exercise care in facilitating the transmission of information between your computer and the servers that operate the Wapka Site. Personal information collected by the Site is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. While we have mechanisms in place to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
17. Withdrawing ConsentIf we provide you tools to remove personal information from the Site, we may retain copies of that information. If this is not acceptable, do not supply the personal information in the first place; however, if you do not submit required information (e.g., registration information), this may mean you will not be able to use the Site or certain features. If you have a non-variable legal right to withdraw your consent or particular information and exercise that right, we reserve the right to terminate your account and any contracts or obligations we might have to you, including, but not limited to any benefits or services you receive from us, except that you will still be bound by any obligations incurred and consent provided before your withdrawal.
18. Access to Your Information and Contacting UsIf you believe any of the information you have submitted to the site is inaccurate you can contact us at email@example.com. We will make good faith efforts to resolve requests to correct inaccurate information except where the request is unreasonable, requires disproportionate technical effort or expense, jeopardizes the privacy of others, or would be impractical. If you have any questions about this statement of privacy practices or other matters that relate to it, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org